Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Late Night Adventure, tame variety

One of the pleasures of being on spring break is having no schedule to stick to. There are only a few times this week that I need to be somewhere at a particular time. Last night was one of those times - I had an orchestra rehearsal from 7:30 to 10:00. My husband is not playing this concert (coming up in April), so he decided to go downtown (Chicago) to see a concert. He asked on Facebook if anyone wanted to go with him. Facebook can be so useful! And a young friend of ours said he wanted to go.

They went off to catch the train to Chicago and I drove in the opposite direction to my rehearsal. After two and a half hours of Beethoven I arrived home at 10:30. This is normally after my bedtime. But the two of them were sitting at the kitchen table, eating cookies and talking about music, so I joined them. We talked about the concert they saw (mixed reviews), Robert's new job which starts new week, his plans for the future, orchestras, conductors, concerts, and recordings old and new. We talked about people we know in common and what we're all doing this summer.

By then it was 1:00 am. We still hadn't run out of things to talk about, but it was definitely time to go to bed.

And since it is spring break, I slept in this morning!

5 comments:

  1. How interesting to hear about a teaching and musical life. My dream is to play the cello in our church praise orchestra. I haven't had lesson 1 so it's quite a dream. ;)
    Enjoy your break! D :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Learning an instrument takes work and perseverance, but it's so much fun to play with a compatible group.

      Delete
  2. How interesting to hear about a teaching and musical life. My dream is to play the cello in our church praise orchestra. I haven't had lesson 1 so it's quite a dream. ;)
    Enjoy your break! D :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, how fun! We don't get enough opportunities to just stay up late late late chatting. Glad you got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring break fun. I don't know how NON TEACHERS do it all!

    ReplyDelete