Saturday, March 19, 2016

Spring Break!

I have made it to spring break! I am letting everything about the school year so far fall away from me. I know I will have to go back and deal with those problems, but for now, I will revel in 10 days of not-school.

I love teaching and I love the school where I teach. I don't think I could do what I do anywhere else and I appreciate that. The school is an independent (private) school and we have created much of the curriculum ourselves. I am grateful that we are not driven by mandated testing and we can try many approaches to help our students learn and also learn to love learning. However, this year has been one of the most difficult ever for me and I am tired.

What will I do with my 10 days? I will cook and bake - the things that I don't have time to make when I'm immersed in teaching. I will try some new recipes. I look forward to cleaning the house and getting rid of some things we don't need any longer. I will go into Chicago to the Art Institute where the special exhibit is Van Gogh's bedroom paintings. I will go to the dentist - okay, not so much looking forward to that one. I will relax, sleep, do yoga, read more books.

Ten days, ten lovely days ahead!

5 comments:

  1. I, too, teach at an independent school. I love it but we have a new principal (her 2nd year with us) and things are hard. Lots of change and parents are starting to grumble. I have one more week until spring break and I can't wait. I hope you are able to rest and recharge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a new head, too. Change is hard indeed. I hope you also have a restful spring break!

      Delete
  2. I love facing a break and thinking of the possibilities. To disconnect from work and reconnect with life. Enjoy your ten days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love facing a break and thinking of the possibilities. To disconnect from work and reconnect with life. Enjoy your ten days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time. I'm kind of glad I didn't plan a big trip for spring break....now maybe I can really get a break!

    ReplyDelete