Friday, March 4, 2022

A little car trouble

 It gets very cold in Chicago in the winter. And as most things contract in the cold, every winter my tire pressure alert light goes on. I take the car to our local car repair shop where they check the tires, which are always fine, and I go on my way. Except this year, the alert button stayed on after my visit to the air pump.

The young mechanic who checked my tires and said they were just fine also told me it might take a little time before the light went out. Some cars, he said, you would need to drive for 10 miles or so before it would go off. Ok, fine. 

I drove about 18 miles one day and over 50 miles the next day and the light is still on! 

The nice young mechanic had also mentioned that sometimes the sensor gets stuck and needs to be reset. So I now have an appointment on Tuesday to take my car in and get things back to normal.

In the larger scheme of things, it's a small blip. A little Slice of Life.

1 comment:

  1. I have had the same problem!! Where it is not a big deal, it's SOOO NICE (comforting)
    when technology works as it should

    ReplyDelete