Monday, March 14, 2022

Star Trek

Any Star Trek fans here? I count myself as a fan, though I haven't watched all of the assorted series. The original series, of course. I watched that when it was first on television. And the Next Generation, probably the best of the series, though I'm not really qualified to judge, not having watched all of the series. I have seen all the the movies. And my husband and I are currently watching Picard. We watched some of Deep Space Nine but found it somewhat static, taking place entirely on a space station. Though it may have matured in later seasons and be worth another look. We also watched some of Voyager. We haven't seen Discovery, Lower Decks, or the animated series. Are there any more? I'm sure there will be sometime, if not now.

My two children were introduced to Star Trek at young ages. My daughter referred to Worf, the Klingon member of the Enterprise in TNG, as "that chocolate-headed guy." I sewed a Captain Picard costume for Halloween one year for my son. My daughter wore it a few years later. 

My husband just told me this morning that there is a Star Trek convention coming to Chicago. That would be a new experience. I have a friend, a first grade teacher, who not only went to a convention, but went as a Vulcan. When she became engaged to a lovely man who was not a fan, she decided the Vulcan alternate identity would remain a deep, dark secret. 

Who would I be if I could visit the Star Trek universe?

To go or not to go? Boldly or hesitantly? 


2 comments:

  1. My total fave is TNG! I always adored Riker and Deanna Troi. Pickard and his mannerisms, especially when ordering his tea, is another favorite. I'm a big fan of the new Star Trek movies with Chris Pine too! I even remember a computer-based game long ago where you actually traveled to different planets and solve different clues.

    ReplyDelete