Monday, March 13, 2023

Life's Little Challenges

 Most Saturday mornings I leave my house around 8 am and drive 45 minutes to play music with other (French) horn players. It's a collegial group open to any adult who plays horn. This past Saturday when I hopped in my car to back out of the driveway and go, however, the car did not start. Not a single sound came from the engine. Dead as a doornail (whatever a doornail is).

Lucky for me we have second car so, leaving a note for my husband, I went off to rehearsal. 

We have a wonderful car repair place within walking distance, but it's closed on Saturday, so today we were going to jump the car and drive it to the repair shop. Jumping did not work. The dashboard lights flashed, but not a sound from the engine. So, we called the shop for a tow. Just our luck, their tow truck was broken! So now we are waiting for a tow service to come and tow the car to the shop. 

My car is a 10-year-old Honda and has been so reliable over the years. Fingers crossed that our repair guys can bring it back to life.

5 comments:

  1. Talk about bad luck around every bend! Hope it gets a tow and fixed without further ado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out a professional jump got it started. There are new and better jumper things now. It's at the repair place now. We'll see what they say.

      Delete
  2. Hope whatever is wrong with your car is minor, easily fixed, and inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the battery! But it also needs an oil change, so I get it back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete