Sunday, March 31, 2024

SOL 2024: So Much Fun!

 I've participated in quite a few March SOLs but this year has been the most fun! There were so many great ideas to try - top three lists, guess the year I was born, various poem formats, book spine poems, and Villain Origin stories. It was very inspirational. Thank you all!

I also tried some new prompts from the book "642 Things to Write About." It is aimed at young writers, but with some adaptations, they work for adults, too. 

I felt freer to try new things in my blogging, inspired by other bloggers here. This is such a great group.

I feel like I can make a go of a regular writing habit, something I have struggled with. Writing has become fun this month. Before it felt important, but more like tooth brushing than a creative time for trying different, sometimes quirky, types  of writing.

I hope to see some of you on Tuesdays. Also next year! SOL 2025!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that there are so many fun ideas to be gathered from this month of writing. I look forward to reading your posts on Tuesdays. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, you saw some formats that I missed. I'm glad it was a fun year for you. It felt a bit stressed for me trying to squeeze in slicing with traveling and being for friends. Next year, I'll stay home in March. So glad you've mined the creative side of your writing this month. See you on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I didn't see guess the year I was born. I'm going to have to investigate that one.

    Also, brilliant idea using a book with prompts! So glad you enjoyed the challenge so much!

    ReplyDelete