Sunday, March 24, 2024

Summertime Thoughts

 Once again today I turned to 642 Things to Write About since I couldn't even think of one. I randomly turned to this prompt: "What are your favorite things to  do during summer?"

Living in Chicago, it seems like winter lasts for years and summer lasts a couple of weeks. That's not the case in actuality, but it always does seem like summer goes too fast. What do I like to do in the summer?

  • Sit in my backyard enjoying the sun.
  • Take walks outside, wearing shorts!
  • Go to concerts at Ravinia. Ravinia is the summer home of the Chicago Symphony and also hosts many other concerts of lots of music genres. It's a beautiful place, peaceful, with lots of trees, and good musick, of course.
  • Cook on our Weber grill using real charcoal.
  • Go to the beach. This is something I haven't done in years. I used to take our kids to a beach on Lake Michigan at least once a summer. I love just sitting in the sun (with a lot of sunblock), watching the waves, and walking in the water.
  • Clean out the garage. Okay, that one's not so much fun, but it will feel good to accomplish that and we can't really do that in the winter. 
  • Read a lot of books. Yes, I do that all year, but there's something special about reading novels in the summer. It reminds of the summer reading programs my mother signed us up for every summer at our library.

What are your favorite summer things?

6 comments:

  1. This list makes me wish summer would come sooner! I like to paddle board or boogie board, drink tiki cocktails, visit family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list of summertime activities. I enjoy doing yardwork during the summer because it is usually mindless. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grow flowers and herbs in pots outside. No yardwork anymore - we hired a service.

      Delete
  3. That’s a fantastic book! In fact, I just saw it when I was straightening up my bookshelves a couple of weeks ago! It’s a good one.

    ReplyDelete