Sunday, March 10, 2024

Villain Origin Story

 I read the Villain Origin Story in thedirigibleplum.com a few days ago and decided to give it a try. The idea is to list the things that turn you into a super villain. I'm really quite a laid-back and accepting person, but there are a few things....

Toilet seats in public bathrooms. Sometimes they are a bit wet. Ugh.

People who conduct along with the music in a live concert. Don't they know how distracting this is for everyone around them? Apparently not.

Teachers who are mean to children. It is rare, but I have encountered this a few times, adults belittling or making fun of students. I really don't understand that. However annoying some children can be, the teacher affects each child with her/his words and actions, for good or bad. Go complain to your friend or your spouse about those kids, out of hearing of children.

Everything else I can think of is just a minor annoyance. What would be the opposite of the Villain Origin Story? What would you call the things that remind you of the good in the world?



6 comments:

  1. I missed the original post, but I'll be sure to go back and read. I so agree with you on mean teachers and would like to hope I'm the kind of "villain" who would disrupt that meanness, deflecting it with my super-power in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, a villain whose secret identify is a good guy.

      Delete
  2. I agree with your list of villain stores and look forward to your list of happiness stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about people who sing along at concerts but don't know the words. One that really bothers me is people who pass me, cut in front of me, and get off at the exit that is 1/4 mile away. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun prompt! What would turn me into a villain...eesh, more than a little scary to think about. Unkind people? Condescending, pretentious people? People who are destroying the woods and rural areas to build condos (because I mourn for the trees and wildlife)? Victim mentality? Now you have me remembering a quote from a fantasy novel I read when I was young: A creature was hit with a stone which "turned his eye inward so that it looked into his mind, and he died of what he saw there." - YIKES. This has always stuck with me, as a frequent reminder to examine myself, keep myself in check...Now, a superhero is much more appealing to think about. When kids asked me some time ago what superpower I'd want most, I replied: "Healing." -Love the inspiration and imagination you spark in this Slice!

    ReplyDelete