Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Art of Coffee Making

 My son is a manager at Starbucks. I don't take advantage of that, however. He does sometimes gift us with something from his store, recently it was a new, large coffee mug. 

I make coffee in a press pot, also known as a French press. I first had coffee made in this kind of pot years ago in a Minnesota restaurant. It was the best coffee I had ever had - so smooth, no bitterness. And such a low-tech method. Grind the beans, boil the water, let it brew for 4 minutes or so and you've tasty, full-bodied coffee. 

I have a coffee grinder and so I grind beans every morning. You use a coarse grind for the press. A finer grind might seep into the coffee through the mesh in the press pot.

While my coffee is brewing for 4 minutes, I heat up some oat milk in the microwave and use my little battery-operated frother to create some foam. Press and pour the coffee into a mug, add the frothed milk, and a tiny amount of caramel syrup, and it's ready to drink.

And I'm ready to start the day.

This post was inspired by Leah Koch's post about making coffee!

5 comments:

  1. I used to drink coffee and I, too, had a french press and loved the taste so much. I keep a french press here for company, in case someone wants coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at coffee! I have a press at school and frequently share with others...we had to move to a big ol' pot once our kids started drinking coffee at home. Fresh beans are a true gift from the coffee gods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won a coffee press and never used it. Your post as me wanting to get it out and give it a try. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coffee sounds divine! I think I need to invest in a French press.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a coffee post! I've always wanted to try French press and almost bought one to make the shift. But then I got lured by the decidedly not low tech Nespresso machine. But it helped me break my $$$ Starbucks habit.

    ReplyDelete